CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Stupidity of Thompson Middle School

My son is technically not in Middle School yet but alas they want to group him this way! Here is my Drama so far. Monday morning my son was putting his clothes on and he started tucking his shirt in. I ask him why are U tucking your shirt in? He said they got on to me..What the Hell!!Not more shit I have to put up with! I said Don't tuck your shirt in if U don't want to and if they say anything tell them to call me..I was told by the principal he would call me at 8:30-9ish guess what it didn't happen..So I call he is in a meeting I said of course he is..2 hours go by I call again I leave a message on his answering machine. Finally I think at 11 or 12 he calls me back. He did look at the shirts and he said Devin could wear one of them..Well that's good! Still I'm more pissed we were not told the dress codes before school started so I wouldn't have bought the damn shirts in the first place..Concerning the shirt tucking issue I don't agree with it but more than that in their own Code of Conduct book is says in section G-Shirts must be tucked in UNLESS designed to be worn on the outside. I consider t-shirts to be made to be worn on the outside. I wear my t-shirts out, so does Darrin so does actually everyone I know wears their t-shirts out. This is the principal's reason why We are doing it for safety reasons.What safety reason I ask His answer because a child could hide a gun in the back.OMG! That is the best U could come up with..Seriously anyone who knows Devin knows first of all the gun would weigh half his body weight. But anyways I know they are grouping everyone the same. So I was wondering if they had measures such as this for the Middle Schoolers how about the High School... So there is a high school boy who gets off the bus at the bus stop. I asked him Do you go to High School? He says yes even I think he was wondering Duh woman anyways I said the reason why I am asking in my son has been getting in trouble for the dress code. I explained. I said Do U have to wear belt? His answer No. Do U have to wear your shirt tucked in? No He told me this was only in 6,7, 8th I told him Thank You and Now I am thinking really? O.k. they are worried about the middle schoolers causing violence but not high schoolers Stupity in extreme. Do some research dickheads and U will see all the worst ten school shootings happened were in High schools or colleges. They were done by high school students, x-high students, or adults. I will admit I did find some instances where violence did occur at a middle school but High School violence had a higher percentage. I can tell him exactly the 10 worst school shootings, the dates, the schools and the ages they were. Now I amnot saying I want High School to be stricter in Dress codes but damn it if you are going to single out a group of kids and say they have to wear it this way because violence can occur U better have the facts to show me that they do indeed have a higher violence rate than High schoolers. All the evidence points to the contrary..Do some research idiots.It's not hard I did it in less than 5 min. So as it is right now if Devin does not want to tuck in his shirt and they say something he is supposed to tell them to call me..I told that Principal that I could actually take him to court over this..To me I am following what the code of conduct book says. If they press the issue I will get a lawyer. Unless he can show me that the violence is higher in the middle school versus high school this will be a fight..Don't pick on one group of kids and not the other....

1 comments:

AthenaRose said...

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I want stricter dress codes in high school. I do not and will never be for this!!I was just saying violence is more common in the high school more than middle..I just think that if they want to make rules one way it should be fair to all grades not single out one group as likely to be more violent than the other..Personally I think the dress codes go too far in the first place.