CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Diabetic Recipes I like:)

Thai turkey burgers

1/4 c. egg substitute or 1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. fine dry bread crumbs
1 tsp. curry powder
1 pd grd. turkey breast
2 tbsp. peanut sauce

In a med. bowl, combine the egg(or substitute), bread crums, and curry powder. add turkey..mix well.shape into patties. grill.spoon some peanut sauce over patties..23 carb I use deli flats to put the burger in...


Chicken Tacos (I absolutely love these)

1 can ro-tel, drained
1 can chicken or refrigerated chicken strips
corn tortillas or taco shells (I have had both)
shredded lettuce
taco sauce or salsa(I prefer publix salsa w/ cilantro)
shred. cheese
sour crm
fresh lime

warm the tortillas for 5-7 sec..til warm or cook the taco shells..Add the fixins..I like to squeeze lime juice over the mixture.. *heads up-the corn tortillas might break apart eat quickly..


Chicken w/ lime sauce

1 lime, divided
refrigerated chicken strips or canned chicken
1/2 c. fat-free sour cream
1 tbsp. Dry Ranch salad dressing
lower-carb tortillas
Shred. cheese

with your hand , roll the lime to soften.cut in half..measure sour cream in measuring cup, add juice of lime and dry dressing..mix well. add chicken to tortlla, add fixins lettuce, chop.tomatoes(I use canned and drain) add 2 tbsp. of lime cream..I squeeze more lime juice on top..

* Veggie-loaded tangy tuna salad

1 can tuna, drained and flaked
1/4 c. finely chop. carrots
1/4 c. celery
1/3 c. mayo
2 tsp. honey mustard
1 tsp. pickle relish
dash of blk. pepper

In a med. bowl comb. the mayo honey mustard, relish and pepper. mix well stir in tuna. fold in all the veggies. I have this on spinach leaves..Going to have this for my lunch tomorrow..
(I use much less mayo maybe 2 tbsp)

*Spinach, mushroom, and mozzarella supreme
1 bag baby spinach, I take as many of the stems off as possible
1 can of mushrooms, drained
3 wedges the laughing cow cheese, room temp..(I put it in a measuring c. and nuke for a few sec.. til get soft.)
Shredded mozzarella cheese, fat-free
1. c.frzn.onions
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
blk.pepper
Preheat oven to 350. In a skillet, sprayed w/ cooking spray,cook onion over high heat on the stove til brwned about 3 min.set aside.
Pat spinach w/ paper towels, making sure all the moisture has been removed.In a mixing, bowl, combine spinach, onion, cheese wedges, and garlic.mix well, til throughly combined. spray a casserole dish w/ spray.spread half of the spinach mixture along the bottom, then the mushrooms,top w/ rest of spinach and cheese.
bake in oven for 25-30 min..add peper if U would like...I eat this if my sugar is high and I don't need to eat any more carbs..
* this means-I got these recipes from Hungry Girl 200 under 200


^^Exploding Chicken Taquitos
I had these today for my lunch and they are soooo Good!!!
I loved to get the frzn taquitos so I'm glad I now have something much healthier:)
1 can chicken, break it up a bit
1/2 c. salsa (I use publix brand)
shred. cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. dry taco seasoning
opt. taco sauce, sour cream
low-carb tortillas
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a med. bowl, combine the chicken and the salsa and mix throughly.cover and refrig. about 15 min.drain any excess liquid..Important so the tortillas do not get soggy! add the cheese and the taco seasoning to the chicken mixture. now warm up your tortilla's I like to use La tortilla factory low-carb or like today I used Mission Carb balance whole wheat..spray baking dish / spray. warm tortills in the microwave til pliable. now spoon some of the mixture onto the tortilla..roll tightly, secure with toothpicksplace seam-side down on the baking sheet..repeat w/ remain. tortillas..
bake in oven about 12-14 min..If U see they are crispy..Pull them out..allow them to cool for 5 min (or U can eat them like I did and burn your fingers:) dunk in sour cream and salsa Yummmy!!!! New favorite dish
^^ means-I got this recipe from Hungry Girl 123
Yes I have all her cookbooks and yes I'm going to try every recipe and yes i'm getting her newest one 300 under 300

@@Perfect pepperoni pizzas

I had this tonight for my supper

1 english muffin(I used a whole wheat one)
shred. cheddar cheese
some slices of turkey pepperoni (You need to cut into sm. pieces) or use mini pepperoni
pizza sauce
fixins you like maybe mushrooms(like I do) peppers(I don't), sliced blk. olives, red onion..It's your creation

preheat oven to 350. spoon some sauce on english muffin halves
add fixins and add cheese. bake about 12 min..

@-means I found this recipe in Hungry Girl (her 1st cookbook)

0 comments: